As long as the measures are in place to prevent the spread of Corona, the basic conditions for the CREA courses will remain in place. In addition, a number of corona-conditions apply to the CREA courses as long as the government is taking measures to prevent the spread of the virus. The Cabinet’s measures and advice of RIVM are leading for these conditions and may therefore be subject to change.
Here you can see which conditions apply additionally and the specific date that version was drawn up/adjusted. When a change has consequences for the form and progress of a CREA course, the people who are registered at that time will be notified.
applying for a course at CREA
Application for courses at CREA is open to anyone over the age of 18. CREA employs rates and conditions of different categories. Depending on these you may or may not receive a discount and/or receive priority when applying (please see below for the priority regulations).
Registration for courses can only be done via this website in connection with the corona measures. It is not possible to register in person at CREA.
what are the priority regulations?
A priority regulation until September 1 pertaining to the courses of the autumn semester applies to the following two categories: students of any educational establishments and recent graduates of the UvA and HvA. These are permitted to apply to courses before others. This right-of-way applies to the spring semester courses until January 1. Please check your category here. This priority regulation does not apply to the summer courses.
what is an autumn course, a spring course or a summer course?
The autumn courses will commence in September, and the spring courses will commence in Februari. The summer courses will commence in July and August. Each course will detail in which season it will fall.
CREA offers courses in Dutch (NL), in English (EN) and courses open to anyone (NL/EN). Please keep in mind that within courses in the last category the teacher might use both languages to make sure everyone can keep up. Carefully check to which category your course belongs before enrolling (there’s a flag in every course information block).
CREA does not refund course contributions which have been paid unless:
– your course is cancelled;
– you cancel your enrolment at least two weeks before the course starts;
– you were not accepted after an audition (wherever relevant).
Anyone who registers for a CREA course, thereby agrees to our conditions. This includes the possible cancellation of courses, refundment and our entry requirements. So please read them carefully first (see below).
cancellation and refund
- If there are insufficient registrations for a certain course, CREA may decide to cancel the course. If the course is cancelled, the student will be notified as soon as possible. The participant fee will then be refunded.
- CREA reserves the right to make changes to the course schedule.
- If a course or part of a course cannot take place due to circumstances, including government measures, the participant fee will be refunded pro rata.
- Cancellation by a course participant is only possible by written notice. The date of receipt determines the cancellation.
- In case of written notice up to 2 weeks before the start, the student will receive the full participation fee back.
- In case of a written cancellation from 2 weeks before the start of the course, CREA is entitled to a reasonable compensation equal to the participant fee. In that case no participant fee will be refunded.
- If a course participant is not admitted after an audition (if applicable), the participant fee will be refunded.
In case of illness or impediment of a teacher, the lesson will either be given by a substitute teacher or will be made up at the end of the course period. The make-up session can take place on a different day and time.
absence of participants
When a participant is unable to attend a lesson, he should call CREA to inform them.
photography and video recordings
It is customary that during courses and presentations photos are taken and video recordings made for PR use, such as flyers, posters, the CREA website and the media. Unless you make your objections known prior to the course (CREA, t.a.v. cursusadministratie, Nieuwe Achtergracht 170, 1018 WV Amsterdam, mentioning the course in question) CREA assumes that you agree to this. Naturally you can always tell the photographer on the spot if you don’t wish to be photographed.
works made during the courses
Works made by participants during the courses will be kept no longer than 3 weeks after the course has ended.
CREA accepts no liability for damage or the loss of property and goods of participants.
CREA is not liable for damage to participants as a result of not providing or not being able to provide courses entirely, due to force majeure. This also includes measures that CREA must take or believes it must take, in order to guarantee the health and / or safety of the students and employees of CREA as much as possible.