Would you like to meet inspiring, experienced laptop DJs, producers, artists and singer-songwriters? Would you like to learn how to design your productions effectively? Are you considering a formal education in the field of music production, and could you use some support? Then this course is for you!
What will you do?
In the advanced international course, we will go deeper into the process of music production. You will get a deeper and comprehensive understanding of all the technical aspects that exist in the production of electronic music. You will gain the necessary insight into the “network that is the process of music production” in order to link the level of the single sound or beat in the production to the level of your entire song. Music analysis is part of the lessons so you can develop your own signature or vision.
– Developing a working groove at the level of a complete song/production;
– Integration of sound synthesis and beat production;
– Equalising and (multiband) compression;
– Creating sounds by synthesis (part 2);
– Sampling (recording) and the use of concrete sound sources;
– Live electronics on stage;
– Working with space;
– Sound colouring;
– In-depth mixing;
– Understanding and developing your own creative process;
– Analysis of tracks and contemporary, advanced compositions to understand form and style elements and to develop your own ideas from there in a studio work format.
How will we proceed?
There will always be time to learn about specific topics that you are personally interested in. In addition to explanations from the teacher, a large part of the lessons will consist of hands-on work with the software. Of course, there is the possibility to get feedback from the teacher and your peers!
What should you be able to do?
This course is meant for people who already followed the international course Electronic Music Production I.
What do you need to know?
The course is taught in CREA. The Ableton Live software is available on CREA Macs during the lessons.